CLASSIFIEDS – Jobs Available
- We request print-ready postings in a PDF format that we can easily link/point to on this page and in our digital newsletter. This important part of our upgrading process allows these listings to be seen in multiple media formats and by many devices besides a computer, ensuring more viewers see this information. Please send all listings to Kevin G. Lindsay by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The NH-AGO charges $15.00 to list jobs or items for sale. This fee simply offsets the costs of maintaining our website, digital media and printed materials. Please make checks payable to NH-AGO, and on the memo line write “Classifieds“. Send checks to our Treasurer, Mr. Robert Bengtson 38 Gale Ave. Laconia NH 03246
- Each ad will run four (4) months on our web-page and digital and hard-copied newsletters. Extensions can be given as long as churches/individuals communicate that desire in writing prior to the end of the listing period.
- NH-AGO is not responsible for misprinted or erroneous information so please make sure all editing is done prior to submission. If you have any further questions, please call our Web-master Kevin G. Lindsay at (603) 781-1918 OR email him at the link provided above.
14 High Street
Gardner MA 01440
The First Baptist Church of Gardner, Massachusetts is seeking an Interim Organist/Pianist to temporarily oversee its music ministry. The Interim Organist/Pianist, under the supervision of the Music Committee, is a part-time, temporary position with responsibility for serving as a church musician, providing organ and/or piano musical offerings and accompaniment for worship, choir rehearsals, special services, and special musical offerings for worship. Duties shall include the following:
- Select and provide organ and/or piano accompaniment for one Sunday worship service and other special services during the year (e.g. Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday, etc.). These selections shall include preludes, postludes, instrumental/choral anthems, congregational hymns, and various service music.
- Notify the Church Secretary of musical selections by Thursday prior to Sunday service for publication in the weekly bulletin.
- From September through June, accompany choral anthems during worship services, and hold weekly choir rehearsals. Historically, a choral warm-up has been held 30 minutes before worship, and a 60 to 90-minute rehearsal has been held immediately after worship. The adult choir consists of approximately 10 voices.
- Coordinate maintenance and repair of the musical instruments (Rodgers 770 organ and two upright acoustic pianos, typically serviced 1-2 times annually).
- Coordinate guest and substitute musicians as needed.
- Other musical responsibilities as recommended by the Music Committee.
The Interim Organist/Pianist shall receive the right of first refusal for all weddings and funerals to be held at the church. Compensation for such services shall be separate from the salary offered. The salary offered for this position is $200 per week. Persons interested in this position should submit a resume and three references to the Church Office at 978-632-4272 or email@example.com.
The First Baptist Church of Gardner is affiliated with the American Baptist Churches USA. It has ministered to the people of the Greater Gardner Area and beyond since 1830, and its church building is the oldest structure in the city still used for its original purpose. The First Baptist Church Family is a small, but diverse gathering of faithful believers who blend a variety of voices in traditional worship to praise God and give thanks for all things. Primary to its worship service is music as celebration, prayer as communication, and Word as teaching.
ONGOING Job Listings
Music Director (Part Time)
63 Arlington Street
Nashua NH 03063
Are you looking for extra income from Weddings, Baptisms and Memorial services?
30 Church Road,
Rye Beach, NH 03871
St. Andrews by the Sea is putting together a data-base of local organists who have the flexibility to play for Weddings, Memorial Services, and Baptisms as they come up over the summer. If you are interested please contact: Sandy Gavutis: firstname.lastname@example.org